Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '06 GV for my 17 year old son. He loves it, but the radio is in need of an upgrade. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? Whatever we get, I'd like it to retain the steering wheel controls, be Bluetooth enabled and a back-up camera.

·
Administrator
16,161 Posts
As I suggested in my reply to your other post.

If you have the skills & experience to handle the install, make a selection at crutchfield.com - they can get you everything you need, including detailed instructions, if you're going to need help, try best buy or a local shop - choose the features YOU want - head units are available that have blue tooth, support a backup camera and steering wheel controls.

Reactions: George 441

·
Registered
322 Posts
There are a lot of radio options for you, and also several different options for modules that will integrate an aftermarket radio into the OEM steering wheel controls.

Several years ago I changed out my OEM radio to aftermarket and posted some info including wire pinouts in this post - Pioneer 2DIN install I have since changed that radio to a newer Sony 2DIN to gain Apple Carplay but the basic wiring and SW interface are the same as before.

If you are really going for maximum benefit, I highly recommend adding a small powered subwoofer and a small power amp that will work with the stock door wiring, too. You can do this in stages if it is too much for one pass.

Also keep in mind that the GV uses a powered antenna, you will need to port radio-on or key-on power to the antenna amp wire to avoid loss of radio reception.

Reactions: George 441
1 - 3 of 3 Posts