Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
Junkyard or if you can find someone with a similar dash parting out a car. These are not easy to find. There are also sites on the internet that show you how to fairly professionally repair plastic (plastic weld) if yours isn't smashed to smithereens. Frankly, I was lucky enough and just krazy glued mine when it cracked.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is beyond repair. I know that there is Tracker junk yards but I don't know what the names of them are to look them up. I live in North Carolina and ive checked the junk yards around here and nobody has any. The cheapest I have found on ebay is like 55-100 dollars that's just crazy I will leave it without trim before I pay that.

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
The cheapest I have found on ebay is like 55-100 dollars that's just crazy
Yup, it's because you can't get them anywhere. You may want to look at the classified link on the left of this page to see if anyone is parting out a Trackick, to see if they have compatible trim.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Don't feel bad, I've had four Trackers and a Sunrunner over the years {I love 'em" and the radio trim has been broken on every one. The vanes in the vents are usually broken/missing by the time they filter down to my price range.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Compared to the GM cars I am used to, I've noticed that all the trim plastic on the Tracker practically crumbles in my hands. And that was before winter.

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
Just curious if you are used to 23 year old GM plastic trim?? ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
So yeah, this is essentially late 80's Japanese technology/plastic none the less. Chevette's had better plastic than the GEN1 Trackers.

That said, the radio bezel/trim if not bought new (I bought all my dash/vents new last year), are usually sold on ebay for more than what they are brand new. Dont believe me? Check it out. I did 4 vents and entire center stack for under $128, and I dont have to worry about then breaking anytime soon.

Good luck on your quest!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.