Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know how to remove the factory fitted radio from a Suzuki carry. It doesn't seem to have the normal pins/clips at the side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I know your post is quite old but just the same I would like to help out. I got my zuk with all the trimmings still intact. One of the things i noticed in the center panel is that it is still equipped with an AM radio. The sad part about it is that the radio is "FIXED" already to the plastic panel. What I did was to use a cutter to physically cut the plastic material and pull the radio out of the dashboard.

I was able to gouge enough even space to install a new radio. I guess it all depends on what dashboard you have installed in your van.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remove Entire Dash

I put in a full custom stereo install, i had to remove the entire dash to do it properly, but it turned out very well. I put a standard single DIN size JVC deck in the glove compartment. For the speakers i built a customer speaker box with 6.5 inch component Rockford Fosgate speakers and mounted it to the headlinder and back of the cab. It is very loud and nice to look at as well. If i get around to it i will post some pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since my van is the bubble top version, there's plenty of space on the ceiling. I'm thinking of putting ceiling mounted speakers on the back. I guess this would be my next project. I honestly got the idea from TAMON.ORG.

I guess copying is a form of flattery in itself. I'll post the pics here when i'm done with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just installed my new HU today, good thing its a non-working holiday that I've managed some time installing my HU, yup you gotta trim the sides where you would place the HU with a cutter it's very easy... and the zuks wiring is simple so soundsetup is a breeze... hehe
yeah the speakers on top is kewl i've seen the pictures. kya lang di bubble top yung saken :( next project ko is speakers customize ko..

post your sound setup so we can share ideas.

Attached is a pic of my new HU.. it has an MP3 player input so I attached an mp3 player on the side.

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imag2671eq9.jpg]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlUvh7zLi8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts