Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just had a new clutch fitted in my celerio... when I’ve got my car back it’s asking for a code for the radio. I’ve misplaced my handbook. Is there any way I can get a code? Suzuki dealership are wanting to put my car on a diagnostic machine and charge me £90 for the pleasure, I’d rather not do that.
Thank you for you help.

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Hey! Just had a new clutch fitted in my celerio... when I’ve got my car back it’s asking for a code for the radio. I’ve misplaced my handbook. Is there any way I can get a code? Suzuki dealership are wanting to put my car on a diagnostic machine and charge me £90 for the pleasure, I’d rather not do that.
Thank you for you help.
Hi vikkikt. It should be possible to provide a code for your factory installed audio system using parts of the vehicle VIN no which is displayed through the wind shield on the lower left hand side. The last 4 digits of the VIN no should be the full security code to enable the equipment. Have you recoded the equipment before are are happy with the procedure? Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi vikkikt. It should be possible to provide a code for your factory installed audio system using parts of the vehicle VIN no which is displayed through the wind shield on the lower left hand side. The last 4 digits of the VIN no should be the full security code to enable the equipment. Have you recoded the equipment before are are happy with the procedure? Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. I’ve never had it recoded (no idea how that works or what it does haha). I’ll try my vin number. People keep saying it’ll be on the back of the stereo but I wouldn’t even know how to remove it to find out.

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I’ve never had it recoded (no idea how that works or what it does haha). I’ll try my vin number. People keep saying it’ll be on the back of the stereo but I wouldn’t even know how to remove it to find out.
vikkikt you will need to do the following to input the VIN code.
1. Power up radio which should show "SECURITY".
2. Power off radio using volume control button.
3. Hold down buttons 1 and 6 of the presets at the lower edge of the unit.
4. Press vol/power button, still holding 1 and 6 presets down. Now "SECURITY" should be displayed.
5. Press the ^ [up button] and button 1 of the presets together.
6. Enter the 4 digit VIN code using preset buttons 1 to 4.
7. If you have say a 5 in the VIN code press that preset 5 times.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4. Press vol/power button, still holding 1 and 6 presets down. Now "SECURITY" should be displayed.
Good luck.
Thanks, there’s a 7 in my vin... what would I press for that? Having a nightmare here! Haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck.
I figured out how to do it, but no luck with the code. Thank you for your help x

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Thanks, there’s a 7 in my vin... what would I press for that? Having a nightmare here! Haha.
Calm down vikkikt. As mentioned with a 5 digit requiring 5 presses then a 7 digit will need 7 presses. Lets have a good report ASAP. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Calm down vikkikt. As mentioned with a 5 digit requiring 5 presses then a 7 digit will need 7 presses. Lets have a good report ASAP. Good luck.
Found my handbook. Took 5 minutes to calm myself down. You were right about the last 4 digits of the vin number. Just wasn’t pressing the sound button afterwards so it wasn’t working. Have finally sorted it. Thank you so much for your help, you have no idea how many meltdowns I’ve had over this today. You’re a star x

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Found my handbook. Took 5 minutes to calm myself down. You were right about the last 4 digits of the vin number. Just wasn’t pressing the sound button afterwards so it wasn’t working. Have finally sorted it. Thank you so much for your help, you have no idea how many meltdowns I’ve had over this today. You’re a star x
Well done. Now write the code on some adhesive tape and stick it inside the glove box - Just in case.

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Good luck.
A bit more information:- After the audio code is displayed on the unit's screen press and hold the right hand tuner button to set the code. The unit will now operate as normal. These procedures can be used to change the code or remove the need for a security code so that after a future battery disconnection no recoding is required. Obviously this disables the anti-theft protection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello wheelwright, excuse me but I need some help with the same issue. My question is: If I have to use the numbers of presets 1-4 to enter the code... and I have in my VIN an 8 and a 5... you said we have to press
Good luck.
Hello wheelwright, excuse me but I need some help with the same issue. My question is: If I have to use the numbers of presets 1-4 to enter the code... and I have in my VIN an 8 and a 5... you said we have to press the preset 5 five times... but what can I do with the 8 number? the keyboard preset of my car is form 1 to 6!!!!!! Please help!!!!

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Hello wheelwright, excuse me but I need some help with the same issue. My question is: If I have to use the numbers of presets 1-4 to enter the code... and I have in my VIN an 8 and a 5... you said we have to press

Hello wheelwright, excuse me but I need some help with the same issue. My question is: If I have to use the numbers of presets 1-4 to enter the code... and I have in my VIN an 8 and a 5... you said we have to press the preset 5 five times... but what can I do with the 8 number? the keyboard preset of my car is form 1 to 6!!!!!! Please help!!!!
Hi Rhodgson I hope I can help. The procedure outlined is particular to the standard audio unit fitted to the Celerio for the UK market. At this time your vehicle details are unknown to Suzuki Forums.
If your query relates to a Celerio vehicle then you will need to input your audio code using preset buttons 1,2,3,4.
If for example the audio security code is 2,4,8,5.
Preset 1 is pressed 2 times to input this part of the code.
Preset 2 is pressed 4 times to input this part of the code.
Preset 3 is pressed 8 times to input this part of the code.
Preset 4 is pressed 5 times to input this part of the code.
Code 2,4,8,5. should now be displayed to enable input and make the audio system operate.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rhodgson I hope I can help. The procedure outlined is particular to the standard audio unit fitted to the Celerio for the UK market. At this time your vehicle details are unknown to Suzuki Forums.
If your query relates to a Celerio vehicle then you will need to input your audio code using preset buttons 1,2,3,4.
If for example the audio security code is 2,4,8,5.
Preset 1 is pressed 2 times to input this part of the code.
Preset 2 is pressed 4 times to input this part of the code.
Preset 3 is pressed 8 times to input this part of the code.
Preset 4 is pressed 5 times to input this part of the code.
Code 2,4,8,5. should now be displayed to enable input and make the audio system operate.
Good luck.
Thank you mate for your concern. It seems that I will need more than luck this time.
Please be patient with me. I should have told you before this 3 things:
1.- My car it’s a Suzuki Kizashi Limited, 2013. With Rockford stereo system (which is actually a Panasonic radio... China made...)
2.- I bought this car a year ago and for some strange reason I remember fit a code that time to “protect” the system against robbery 🤦🏻‍♂️. Bad decision because I forgot the code.
3.-Moreover... the 4 las numbers of my VIN (if it still works the procedure in my case) include a “0” number!!!! How many times it suppose me to press the right preset? 🙁

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Thank you mate for your concern. It seems that I will need more than luck this time.
Please be patient with me. I should have told you before this 3 things:
1.- My car it’s a Suzuki Kizashi Limited, 2013. With Rockford stereo system (which is actually a Panasonic radio... China made...)
2.- I bought this car a year ago and for some strange reason I remember fit a code that time to “protect” the system against robbery 🤦🏻‍♂️. Bad decision because I forgot the code.
3.-Moreover... the 4 las numbers of my VIN (if it still works the procedure in my case) include a “0” number!!!! How many times it suppose me to press the right preset? 🙁
Hi again. You have given yourself a problem by setting up an audio security code and mislaying the details. The audio system fitted to the Kizashi came without any codes. This was left to the owner to decide if a code was needed On this basis the vehicle VIN no. has no direct relationship to audio coding. It may be easier to see if any electronics people in your area can help. Once again good luck.

·
Registered
Celerio City, 2017
27 Posts
Hi Rhodgson it may just be possible to reset the audio unit to the original factory default code. Try this.
1. Disconnect battery for 2 minutes then reconnect.
2. The default code should be 5220. Enter this and see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rhodgson it may just be possible to reset the audio unit to the original factory default code. Try this.
Thanks mate, but my question now is: how do I press the “0”???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry friend, I realiced by myself how to put the “0” ... but sadly a did everything you said and I think I’m lost... because didn’t work. I even tried a possible code I should have give that fatal day and didn’t work either. Now I’m in the “8 error”!!! It seems I have at most 2 more attempts... 🙁

1 - 18 of 18 Posts