Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I just purchased my new 2007 SX4 and would like to connect my Sirius-Radio via the AUX-Imput to the factory installed radio (CD/MP3).
Sofar I found out, I'd need a CeNET/RCA Module in order to transmit a audio signal to the AUX. I just don't want to spend 100+$. So far I transmit via FM-Modulator but the sound isn't vey good.

Does anybody have a "cheap" solution how to feed audio to the AUX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Merrik0002,

I manufacture an "AUX" input cable for the SX4.

The cable activates the AUX input using the "CD/AUX" button on the stereo. It is a direct audio input into the stereo, so you will have much better sound then using an FM transmitter.

Please e-mail me at: [email protected] for details.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought the cable from Tim, it is about half the cost of the Suzuki dealer. Works great.
For those wanting to install it, if you can get someone with skinny arms you can get it in place without hardly any work.
Here's how. Remove the glove box by squeezing in the two sides until it slips out of the opening. Then just pull it off the hinges. Takes 30 seconds. Set it aside.
Now at the bottom of the console there are two small panels up against the firewall that literally pop right out. One on each side next to where the driver and passenger's feet are. You only need to remove the driver's side. No tools needed.
Now get the skinny armed person to put their hand up through the panel (you just removed) next to the gas pedal while you use a flash light (from the glove box opening) to guide them. Slip the white connector through the glove box opening and hand it to them with the clip facing up. There is a picture in Tim's instructions that will let you know which way to put the plug in.
Piece of cake.
By the way, I knew nothing about this cable and installed the iPod interface first. There is no way to control the iPod other than skipping through the 5 playlist it lets you make. You can install both but only use one or the other. I intend to use Tim's cable when there is a passenger to control the iPod and the interface while alone for use of the steering wheel controls (also the to charge the iPod).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts