Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late 95 sidekick JX, 16v 1.6L 4 cyl.

Radiator blew the top tank seal. No one actually documents their radiators in any meaningful way. No tank to tank and total width, and heaven forbid the they tell you the center of pin to center of pin measurement. Not to mention that Suzuki played mix and match with radiators.

Does anyone know what radiator will match: Tank to tank = 14.75 in, total width = 20 in, and pin to pin = 17.75?

·
Super Moderator
23,846 Posts
The part number apparently changes also according to your transmission. If you look here, you’ll see the part number for the 16 v (indicated as 4valve at the top of the page), and then it depends if you are 4 door (v), 2 door (c) and what tranny you have. But I would STILL check with wherever you plan to purchase the radiator, to confirm the measurements.

·
Super Moderator
17,840 Posts
RockAuto sold radiators are rather size specific, and cross to OE part numbers. Give them a try.
Make sure that you click on their 'info' links within too...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A good starting point, but be sure and check measurement as well.
B95

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 95 Tracker that I needed a radiator for. Bought one off flea bay for $50 new. There are so many different sizes it's crazy. My tracker has the 5spd, but apparently it was an auto originally. The rad I got was correct width, but about 3/4" taller, and the pins didn't line up. Since it's my daily driver, I didn't have time to send it back, so I notched one of the lower brackets where the pin fits, and made some simple flat brackets to bolt the top to the original brackets. Been a good radiator for me for the past 5 months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1996 Geo tracker, auto trans, AC, replaced radiator Auto Zone. PROBLEM: radiator good quality, perfect fit, HOWEVER, new radiator uses a smaller HONDA radiator cap. Auto Zone was absolutely no assistance resolving issue. After much frustration, directly emailed factory by researching internet, got overnight applicable part numbers.

·
Super Moderator
23,846 Posts
I would assume that the Honda cap fits your new radiator? The issue with the cap is not who makes it, but its pressure rating. The proper relief pressure for the Trackick coolant circuit is 13 PSI - it should be written on the cap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I finally stumbled on the APDI 8011330. After I found "APDI" on the side of the raidiator. Core matches dimensions, and on some parts website I can't recall, there was a post stating the pin2pin was 17 and 3/4ths inches. That being the case, the Spectra Premium CU1330 should also fit, which is what I ordered after reading some reviews of the APDI 8011330 I'll get the Sprectra on Thursday. I'll let you know if it fits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts