Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, if you can still remeber I posted a thread regarding power-on delay for the electric radiator fan on my Carry truck, since no thermostat was installed on it. I have now attached a module in series with the fan as a temporary solution. It takes approximately 1.5 minutes for the fan to start after I switch on the ignition. Eventhough without the module, I don't yet notice any sign of my battery getting weak with the fan firing off before the starter, I think the current setup would really help since there is no initial load for the battery until the engine has started running.

This is still no substiture for the real duty of a thermostat but at least we could be kind to our batteries.

Attached is a schematic diagram i got from the net. I spent less than Php100 for the whole assembly, excluding the relay. You can experiment with the capacitor to vary the time delay. I used 1000 microFarad for the 1.5 minute delay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lance_pad said:
guys, if you can still remeber I posted a thread regarding power-on delay for the electric radiator fan on my Carry truck, since no thermostat was installed on it. I have now attached a module in series with the fan as a temporary solution. It takes approximately 1.5 minutes for the fan to start after I switch on the ignition. Eventhough without the module, I don't yet notice any sign of my battery getting weak with the fan firing off before the starter, I think the current setup would really help since there is no initial load for the battery until the engine has started running.

This is still no substiture for the real duty of a thermostat but at least we could be kind to our batteries.

Attached is a schematic diagram i got from the net. I spent less than Php100 for the whole assembly, excluding the relay. You can experiment with the capacitor to vary the time delay. I used 1000 microFarad for the 1.5 minute delay.
Hello Lance_pad,

I'm going to try it on my unit. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Speaking of electronics, aside from timing relay of Lance pad, we can actually install a thermal switch as it was originally installed and easy to install.
I am also developing a digital temperature panel that displays a temperature from 0 to 100°C and controls 2-setpoints that triggers the radiator fan and an alarm if the engine temperature is about to overheat. Quite complicated but I will be posting some pics soon after completing my 6months actual test if this circuit passed the obstacles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
syfertex said:
Speaking of electronics, aside from timing relay of Lance pad, we can actually install a thermal switch as it was originally installed and easy to install.
I am also developing a digital temperature panel that displays a temperature from 0 to 100°C and controls 2-setpoints that triggers the radiator fan and an alarm if the engine temperature is about to overheat. Quite complicated but I will be posting some pics soon after completing my 6months actual test if this circuit passed the obstacles.

Sir syfertex, just want to ask you if your bumper is custom made or did come with the van as standard? it look great!;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
syfertex said:
Interesting... I'd like to test it in parallel... can you post your circuitry...

·
Registered
44 Posts
roblacer said:
Sir syfertex, just want to ask you if your bumper is custom made or did come with the van as standard? it look great!;)
@roblacer: Bro, sorry for the late reply. Medyo busy kasi ako ngayon sa pagsesetup ng sound system ko.

My Zuki is a pick-up type and the bumper is already attached during my purchase. The bumper's siding pattern was blended with the side doors. Take a visit on my garage.

Tomorrow will be the schedule of my Zuki for body modification, I will be posting some pics after the operation.:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts