Suzuki Forums banner

Radiator access

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mace6577 
#1 ·
Recently bought a multicab, Scrum with the cateyes and 660 engine. I developed a coolant leak which turned out to be a loose hose clamp....cool, piece of cake. But I go to replace the coolant and for the life of me can't figure out how to access my radiator to fill it.
Now it looks like I should be able to open the panel beneath the headlights, but see no release handle in the truck nor latch at the front. I know it will be something really dumb but I've been messing with it most of the day.
Help! (please)

#2 ·
Hmmm...Going down and dirty from underneath and feeling up around radiator as best I can I still find no radiator cap. Odder and odder.... I guess maybe running a garden hose into the topside radiator hose would get the job done.... but dang man that can't be normal.
Surely something plain as day just isn't registering somehow.
Aside from this seeming peculiarity I really like how this thing is laid out though.

#3 ·
Tileman, I symphatize with your dilemma. From the driver's seat, try stretching your hand towards the inner side of your front panel, that's just some digits away from the steering shaft towards the center. There you will find a latch or lock screw that would release the exterior cover of your front panel. Do the same from the passenger side. Once you unscrewed both, go back to the front and carefully pull the removable latched cover. And voila, you'll find your treasured radiator.

#6 ·
Sure as soon as I get it back together. The body and interior are clean, but the vacuum lines seem jacked....those connected anyway, and carb seems like could use a rebuilding (not to mention they have the auto choke wired at half mast)... The hose I retightened is soft and not a very tight fit so will replace all.
Problem is I'm on a small island and have to take a ferry to Surigao tomorrow and hope to get what I need there.
It's a 2x full body like the L300 (they did a nice job with extension etc, sliding windows and double rear doors that can lift off). Good body men but semi inept mechanically apparently.
Got it in Cebu and once saw the probs figured I'd never be happy with whatever they came up with so brought home to do myself. Service manual would be nice but appears semi not available except ordered online?
I like it ok, but it ain't like my baby or anything. Had I had the time to find a 4x in same engine might have been a different story now that I'm playing with it. Pretty cool little vehicle.
Recently raided by NPA so not sure how productive our not so "big city" trip is going to be parts wise. Communications just back up a couple of days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.