Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've had my Vitara for two months now and really love it. The only problem I have is with the RBS system, which frequently disables even in dry weather and with the sensor being kept clean. I took it into my local dealer last week who upgraded the software and also said it needed realigning slightly. One week on and it is no better, so I will be contacting them again to see if there is any other solution. Am I right in thinking that a new sensor was made available last year, or was this just the software upgrade?
Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do you know which model year you have ? They repositioned the sensor so it may not be where you think it is. Earlier models had the sensor up by the Suzuki badge whereas the later models had it down low in the grille. Mine’s a MY19 so it’s down low and often gets sprayed to buggery.

I thought there was also a cross check to the camera located up by the mirror. That gets covered in crud too and stops everything working. And when it’s foggy, the system drops back to KM and gives speed limits we don’t have in the UK such as 80 (60mph) and 130 !

These issues aren’t unique to Suzuki as my 2014 BMW did the same. Just goes to prove that the carbon unit holding the wheel is better than the silicon unit hiding under the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's a 2018 (September) model so the sensor will be behind the badge, as the facelift model with the repositioned sensor came out in Nov '18 I think. I love the car despite this annoying 'niggle' so if I don't get any joy with the dealer, I'll just have to live with it, I suppose.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Never give up - it’s your hard earned money after all.

Suzuki customer service is well regarded so if the dealer starts dragging their feet, go direct to Suzuki Customer Services. You can get hold of them on Twitter, for example, and they respond promptly when it’s in the public domain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never give up - it’s your hard earned money after all.

Suzuki customer service is well regarded so if the dealer starts dragging their feet, go direct to Suzuki Customer Services. You can get hold of them on Twitter, for example, and they respond promptly when it’s in the public domain.
UPDATE: My Vitara went in for a new sensor yesterday and up to now it's behaved perfectly. All of the usual locations where the previous sensor would have disabled it hasn't, so well happy. Can't fault the service from my local dealer, either.

·
Registered
312 Posts
UPDATE: My Vitara went in for a new sensor yesterday and up to now it's behaved perfectly. All of the usual locations where the previous sensor would have disabled it hasn't, so well happy. Can't fault the service from my local dealer, either.
Good result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts