Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 04 GV 2.0L 4cyl. and was wondering if I bought a rack & pinion in the US will I be able to use it on my rt hd drive GV. The cost here is like 3times the price of the assy I see on the net in the States. Thanks for your advice,

Richwalker.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
The assemblies are different - but then - you knew that, didn't you.

What's wrong with your rack assembly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy I bought it from really didn't look after the car. I had my mech ckeck it one day when I noticed the steering was a little light. He told me the adjustment on the rack n pinion was at the max setting and I'll have to replace it soon. checked out a place here and to have it rebuilt is about $80K JA. and a new set is about 150K. So I decided to check out the net to see how much I could get one for, but I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get the rebuilt one.
Richwalker.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
There are no adjustments on the rack & pinion (none are shown in the factory service manual) - and I've never heard of anyone complaining that the steering was "light" before - if there are no fluid leaks and no signs of "play" or looseness in the steering, I would consider it as good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts