Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my first samurai (88 with 1.6l webber carb mod). I saw one that was able to remove the doors quickly and easily by cutting the hinge. I did not get a close up look and was wondering if anyone has a picture or could tell me how this is done. :confused:I would like to remove the doors for wheelin an replace them for the daily driving. Also is there a kit or something for half doors??Any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
good places to look for stuff rockyroad, lowrange, calmini, polyperformance, rock4x, trailtough, trailgear, and many more

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can cut the stock hinges. Looks super simple and cheap.
Check out some of the other more technical forums.... Zuwharrie.com , Pirate4x4.com , ect...

I have seen the step by step instructions on the forums but have yet to do it myself. They show how to cut the hinges and make a quick release door strap.

Good luck !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Easy as pie

The basic door mod is fairly easy...I haven't done the quick release straps yet. I used a Dremel for the cuts; took a bit of time but got it done.

The hinge for the doors is a 3 part design (2 fingers from the body with 1 finger from the door in the middle), cut off the top finger on each of the hinges...you will have a peg sticking up and should be able to slide the door up and eventually over the pin to remove. You will have to trim off of that pin just until to door is easy to remove (in other words, keep as much length on it as possible)

The quick release straps are basically a nylon strap with a heavy duty buckle just off the middle the same length as the rubber door straps. You want the buckle on one side or the other of the door frame so it will not bend or break if the wind catches your door. I will try to get a picture of my messy job on my SJ...I had to repace the door pins as every one was broken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts