Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I picked up a 2005 Forenza with 80k miles. I feel we got a pretty good deal. $3800 and the interior is in great shape and the exterior only has minor flaws. Plus it's the nice Champagne tan color and it's an automatic. I've put a few hundred miles on it so far and everything is running and looking good. Couple of questions.....
1. My car idles at 900. Is that the norm.
2. My car came with just one key without a key fob. The drivers side door has a red LED light. Does that mean it has keyless entry?

I've searched this site and if I do have a keyless entry without a FOB, it may be easier to get the Bulldog system others have been using. Just curious if the LED means I have the factory installed one.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi welcome to the forum. i think the norm is around 1000 so your idle seems ok. i would think the red blinking light if for the factory alarm. its an alarm and also locks and unlocks the doors. they key should have the buttons for the alarm right on it, its not a separate fob. sounds like someone maybe lost the keys and they got a new set without the alarm buttons on them so they disabled the alarm system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back with me. I figured the same. I bought a keyless entry system. My door has the lock/unlock button on the drivers door and it locks and unlocks the drivers door, so I'm pretty sure the drivers door has the sylonoid for the lock. I've been trying to find a wiring diagram for the door. I assume the wire harness is behind the kick panel at the drivers left ankle. I should be able to hook this thing up without getting into the door.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy cow!!! Thank you is not enough for that link!!! That is amazing.

I'll take pictures and do a step by step procedure and post it when I do it,

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts