·
Registered
197 Posts
Llama, yes an Optra part will work since they are exactly the same. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
First of all, you're welcome for the first question. :D

Second, I've heard that some performance parts of the 00-03 Nubiras will work with the Forenza, but aren't recommended.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm guessing it would, since the current Forenza/Optra/Nubira/Lacetti 4-cylinder is an improved version of the original Nubira engine. Good luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by kinkyllama@Oct 19 2004, 08:42 PM
Its just a cat back exhaust though? nothing major?
I've heard that the cat back from the Nubira II does not fit the Forenza. The bends are in different locations. I know Team-SR has one for the Nubira II. I would recommend custom piping.

Any decent muffler shop can do it for you for fewer than 200.00 most of the time. Find a decent straight through muffler and go that route. Make sure your piping is not too big either. Not because of the myths that you will lose power...but you will lose money and you will not gain more power from the bigger piping. I recommend 2.1/4 it's a good size. If you don't plan on forced induction you can save more money and have them run it from the "axle" back.

It will free up some pressure, not as much as cat-back but then again cost is a factor. The cat on our cars is right beneath the manifold. And the sensor is RIGHT there as well. I'm not ready for an exhaust yet. I want to wait and see if one will be developed for the car before I do it myself...or have it done for me rather.

On the T20SED (Nubira) motor it was a TLUV and our car is an ULEV therefore the engine code of U20SED. Based on what I have read regarding the emissions standard of the U20SED the cat-back will not help too terribly much. So an "axle" back might not be so bad of an idea.

Tim

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Tim04@Oct 20 2004, 08:46 PM
I've heard that the cat back from the Nubira II does not fit the Forenza. The bends are in different locations. I know Team-SR has one for the Nubira II. I would recommend custom piping.

Any decent muffler shop can do it for you for fewer than 200.00 most of the time. Find a decent straight through muffler and go that route. Make sure your piping is not too big either. Not because of the myths that you will lose power...but you will lose money and you will not gain more power from the bigger piping. I recommend 2.1/4 it's a good size. If you don't plan on forced induction you can save more money and have them run it from the "axle" back.

It will free up some pressure, not as much as cat-back but then again cost is a factor. The cat on our cars is right beneath the manifold. And the sensor is RIGHT there as well. I'm not ready for an exhaust yet. I want to wait and see if one will be developed for the car before I do it myself...or have it done for me rather.

On the T20SED (Nubira) motor it was a TLUV and our car is an ULEV therefore the engine code of U20SED. Based on what I have read regarding the emissions standard of the U20SED the cat-back will not help too terribly much. So an "axle" back might not be so bad of an idea.

Tim

Ok so the exhaust system wont work. . . what about an intake for a 2002 Daewoo Nubira?!?!?! I looked at a kinda fuzzy picture and the intake LOOKS the same. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts