Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Loganator said:
lol, well he is right, you could do it, but it wouldnt be worth it.
You could put basically any 2.0 engine in our car assuming you can find a small tranny for it, but it is not worth the money as you be better off buying the car with that engine. Heck its not worth converting our car from auto to a manual, and I bet it is cheaper than an engine swap.

·
Registered
321 Posts
the sites i found them at doesnt really give that much info all i can tell u is that i looked up ecotec engine and got a buch of them especialy from one certain GM stie lets see if i can find it and ill post it
but its a nice one huh

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
tallkid said:
i wonder if that SC would fit on our engine....since it says 2.0 ecotech and all...
No it won't as I believe that is the engine for the Coblat SS. Which is a current gen EcoTec I believe. Our engines are E-tec an older gen of the engine family.

·
Registered
153 Posts
DeRoc23 said:
im actually looking up if we can actually swap the engine for the ecotech w/ proper mount an all... since ive read somewhere that we can tune an ecotech engine up to 1200 HP that got me really interested on swaping my engine

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah was looking it up too it this would be a later any thing not now in a couple of years i guess once i get my second car keep this one as a hobby with my 98 supra

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guys,
The engine in the first picture, i believe, is from a Vauxhall Cavalier. It is a 2.0 ltr engine and is different to your American Ecotec engines. It is a GM engine, and is the European version of the Holden engine. It's correct Designation is:- X20XEV which is pretty much a T20SED engine.

Hope that helps,
Spaceman.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts