Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in US have a 2001 chevy tracker 2.0l 2wheel drive... when I do diagnostic reading with my obd reader it shows bar pressure at a constant 723.809 mmhg
. It never fluctuates. I'm assuming that isn't what it should be? Or is it? Also my lights and dashlights pulsate sometimes.. could that be the voltage regulator in my altonator? Appreciate any input! Thank you! Picture form the obd reader for reference. (Also if anyone notices an irregularity in the screenshot feel free to share your knowledge!!)

·
Super Moderator
13,509 Posts
Does the vehicle actually have a MAP sensor? My 2.0 Grand Vitara doesn't.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I see three different pressures on that screen grab. Bar pressure, Abs(solute?) Pressure, and Rel. Pressure. All in different scales. What does the Abs pressure do when you stomp on the go pedal?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see three different pressures on that screen grab. Bar pressure, Abs(solute?) Pressure, and Rel. Pressure. All in different scales. What does the Abs pressure do when you stomp on the go pedal?

Let me go try and I'll screenshot... I'll stomp on it in park (screenshot) then take off full throttle (screenshot) brb

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Bar pressure is barometric pressure, as in atmospheric pressure

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bar pressure is barometric pressure, as in atmospheric pressure
Yup, that's what I suspected. The value labeled Abs pressure is your manifold pressure, and it seems to be fluctuating as expected. The Bar pressure should stay relatively constant during your session. No worries there.

As for the lights, most likely issue is a loose connection or corroded ground. Start with battery and engine connections, make sure they are clean and tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts