Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have the newer style (88-89) rearend in my sami. I have parts axels but they are the older style and i wanted to know if it is still a direct swap on the 3rd members or if i need to match the newer axels?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah my buddy is going to sell me his lockrite locker for $20 so thats another project 4 me to pass the time. I'm going with a front only locker so when i'm in 2wheel i dont have the added problems of a altime rear locker

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
My first locker was in front for the same reason. To be honest, I think it made me a better driver. It taught me how to think my way through an obstacle instead of trying to power through it. After a couple of birfields you will understand...

·
Registered
201 Posts
just butting in here... which year models had the 2 pin?... im looking at getting airlockers... up the back, so it doesnt matter, but still...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
just butting in here... which year models had the 2 pin?... im looking at getting airlockers... up the back, so it doesnt matter, but still...
1990 and newer. I guess they started cutting back. But it is easy enough to find an older front or any rear and swap out the sidegears.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah i havent thrown a birfield but i have bent them. I'm on the 3rd front axle in this sami. It had a tuff life b4 the tuff truck comp was pretty hard on it in the jumps but thats over with now. I plan to just trail ride and go mudding. We fabbed our own front axle gussets etc to strenghtin them and thats when the birf joints started bending instead of the housing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts