Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I installed one of those electro turbos that run 2-3psi, would my ECU be able to compensate for it with the additional fuel? What do you guys think of these turbos?
Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
its a computer fan with tubing around it. it doesn't work and the only gains that you can see are going from the stock airbox to the cone filter...

if you want any kind of performance, this is the place to ask. most of the crap you see on ebay for our cars is junk except for danny's stuff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What can i do to my 05 forenza to bust my performance and not spend a lot of money? and is there any wed sites for suzuki stuff?
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
It will NEVER.. EVER give you 2 psi.. Takes a whole lot more then a computer fan to make that kind of pressure..:)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
It will NEVER.. EVER give you 2 psi.. Takes a whole lot more then a computer fan to make that kind of pressure..:)
I did see one that had some promise, but its a band of 3 to 5 Large electric RC aircraft motors. The problem those guys are having is battery drain. There able to produce the PSI with out all the re-piping, but the current cost is such that you cant run it the whole time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This sounds just like the "supercharge any car" thing I keep seeing, my brother bought one and put it on a civic and bassically its junk, didnt do anything at all.. sadly to get huge power gains you got to spend money.. Cold air intakes and a nice exhaust system wouldnt run you much and you WILL feel the difference... Stock air intakes dont give the engine enough air, thus chocking some performance... Thats your best route to save money and get power....

Does anyone make turbos that will work with 06 forenza??

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Does anyone make turbos that will work with 06 forenza??
turbos arent just "bolt-on" performance parts. there is a lot of work involved. you need to pipe an intake to the turbo, an intercooler to the turbo, and your throttle body to your intercooler...you also need to pipe oil lines to and from your turbo, install a piggy-back ECU, wire up a few gauges so you don't wreck your engine...you'll need to get the piggy-back tuned by a professional for best results, you need to set up a wastegate so you don't push too much boost and rip the teeth off your transmission...if you don't know anything about turbo, i suggest you look into it before asking if theres one that fits. any turbo can fit any car, you just need to know what you're doing and what you need for your application...if you want to learn a little bit, go to daewootech and look at some of the turbo projects on there(existence has a thread, for example)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I wouldn.t be totally suprised if some of these crap electric "turbos" made gains at low RPMs, but more than likely just chokes the engine at higher RPMs

btw I have one log style turbo manifold left, but will be making shorty style ones in a month or so. If you need one sooner, or want to dish out money for a tubular mani we can get it done.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well i know how much you got to do just really wondering what size turbo would fit best, I will check out this link tho, thanks.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Well i know how much you got to do just really wondering what size turbo would fit best, I will check out this link tho, thanks.
size of turbo depends on your application. smaller turbos have less lag because they don't take much to spool up. the bigger ones have heavier turbines, which make it harder/longer to spool(creating lag)...

a turbo is quite a project and if you haven't done it before, i suggest you find someone that has...preferably someone with a shop, or a shop that does that kind of work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts