Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a 98 suzuki sidekick that has a blown motor and id like to put a bigger motor in it and heard the 4.3 is a good option, i was just wondering if anyone has done it or knows where i can get some information on what i need to do. id also like to keep 4 wheel drive if i can.....any help is much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats great but im more of a diy kinda person and was wondering if maybe there is something else other than a kit that costs 6 grand, i already have motor and tranny

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
Just a comment - the general consensus on engine swaps is you can do anything if you have the knowledge and the fabricating skills, the converse is also true - if you have to ask will xxxxxx engine fit, then you generally lack the skills to do it yourself.

My apologies for offending you by underestimating your abilities - good luck with your project.

By the way - try reading the page - they sell three different kits - the basic kit contains basically the engine mounts and crossmembers, etc - for people like you who already have the engine & transmission, but - feel free to reinvent the wheel. They also sell the individual pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if it were a honda yea sure i could do anything. ive never messed with 4 wheel drive cause ive been building front wheel drive, that gives you no reason to down on me.i thought forums were where you went to share or get information from each other to help you along the way in projects, troubleshooting or whatever. sorry i asked

·
Registered
184 Posts
so, did you progress on your conversion ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds a good option, yes.
From my own, I try to see every option, as being far from anything, shipping fees for any kind of kit will kill budget :(

May be a V8 3.8l from Range Rover can do the trick, but I must found what tranny to use, and how to wire/control the all thing.... :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts