Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Recently I have bought a second hand Grand Vitara with 2.0L, YOM: 2007.
It is functioned well in 4WD mode, however, when I change to N mode warning light appear.
They are
1. Gear train with wheel and a cross in the middle (yellow light)
2. 4L (yellow light)
3. N inside a Square (Red Light)

Does anyone know what is going on?
The car still functioned normally even when I swtich to N mode but warning light appears

Regards
Ryan

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Read this post or just refer to your owners manual:

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2g-2006-grand-vitara/111913-girl-need-some-help.html#post687201

"N" is not a "driving" mode, it's for towing the vehicle on all fours, disconnecting the transfer case input from the transmission. When you put it in N it doesn't actually "shift" until you have put the gear stick in neutral and pressed on the brake. Even once it's shifted it will continue to indicate that mode on the dash whenever the ignition is on as a warning. "4H" is the normal driving mode, best to leave it there until you've read the manual!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your information, As my operation manual still in the seller hand and he forget to give it back to me, therefore I have to ask in here.

Anyway, thanks for your information.

·
Registered
34 Posts
lol I wanted to put the car in 2WD too when I first bought the car but soon realised this option is no longer available :mellow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts