Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
HI..and please fill up your profile or signature: year model, engine, transmision, AWD?, location, mileage....all helping relevant replies in the future.
0mm offset means the weight will bear about 45mm ( Stock wheel offset‎: ‎42 to 50 mm) outside the vertical of the wheel bearing, so putting a side twisting load on the bearing...but this is the case for all rims that extend the tires out of the wheel well. Just expect premature bearing wear.
ON the other hand, I would think trailer rims do not expect a lot of side load like authentic car wheels (like in turns)....but his is just speculation. THey do look very sturdy....SOme trailer wheels may be made to carry more weight...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm pretty good at swapping out wheel bearings so I'm not worried about that (it is a valid point). The wheels are rated for 2100 pounds a piece and the SX4 is around 3000. These are made to go on trailers with brakes so they are able to withstand a heavy amount of torque. Also they are actually 15x5 0mm offfset. Stock rims are 16x6 with a 50mm offset, therefore these rims should only stick out 37mm further than stock.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
... they are actually 15x5 0mm offfset. Stock rims are 16x6 with a 50mm offset, therefore these rims should only stick out 37mm further than stock.
offset in based on center of tire width, not on side..so that is 50mm out based on center, where the vertical force is centered. I understand the narrower rim will make the external side of tire protrude a bit less than 50.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Well I think I may get one rim just to try out and see if it will work. I'm also gonna call the company to see if their trailer wheels are built to a different specification that automotive wheels.

I want them to protrude a inch or so more than stock because I will be lifting the SX4. But I will post pictures when I get one.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts