Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87 is gutted bad, Im lucky to still have the gauge pod wired in. I am starting over and want to do a push button ignition with no key. Does anyone know the what color wire does what on the keyed ignition switch before i start playing the guessing game?
I have:
Black/Yellow
White/Black
Black/White
White

And 2 straight black that are on a separate plastic piece.

·
Registered
616 Posts
ignition/starter switch

Take a look at this Samurai wiring diagram:

Ack's FAQ: Your 4X4 Portal To All Things Suzuki/Geo

For some odd reason, the wire colors that you called out in your post don't quite match the colors on the diagram. The diagram has been on the 'net for about a year and a half with no major complaints... so that means that your truck "might" not be a North American unit or... well, let's not go there right now.... ;)

Anyhow, following the diagram, the ignition toggle switch (Off/On) would connect to White/Yellow tracer and Black/Blue tracer. The Starter button would connnect to White/Yellow tracer and Black/Red tracer. The White/Yellow tracer wire is the Positive VDC wire that comes from the battery through the Fusable Link.

...At least that's the way I read it.

Anyone else want to take a crack at explaining the wiring?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading that I was wrong in the wires that I had. I was reading the wires from the actual ignition switch to the plastic terminal end not the actual harness. They all match up and that diagram is excellent. It will be used as my bible for the next few weeks while I figure this thing out. I initially wanted to gut the whole harness and ECM and start from scratch to make this thing as simple stupid as possible. Now i am seeing there is a little bit more going here then on than my VW buggy.

Thanks Ack!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts