Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking good... another tintop tricking people.... my tintop was painted by the previous owner to look like a removable hardtop.
It fools people every once in awhile...
Thanks! The reason why I want to rhino line to top, it will need too much body work to look acceptable painted, but with rhino liner, as long as I get the dents out, it will look perfect.
Can you post a pic of your tin top from the side, and back angle?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics that I can get too from the work computer, some are older pics but you can still see how it was painted.
Thanks for posting the pics! Your tin top looks great! Your top is painted to the same body lines of a convertible sami, the only difference with mine, im going to tape off at the next body line up since thats where mine needs all the body work.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I got a first hand look at his projects today and I must say that he definately has things well in hand. The previous owner of that tintop should be ashamed at the damage he caused.
But he has done a great job so far fixing the problems. It's gonna look great when he has it done.
thanks for the Tour Ali!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a first hand look at his projects today and I must say that he definately has things well in hand. The previous owner of that tintop should be ashamed at the damage he caused.
But he has done a great job so far fixing the problems. It's gonna look great when he has it done.
thanks for the Tour Ali!
Your welcome Bill! Thanks for coming out to see my project! Your welcome to come over anytime! And thanks for the GREAT review! =)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looking good... another tintop tricking people.... my tintop was painted by the previous owner to look like a removable hardtop.
It fools people every once in awhile...
Good looking sunroof, do you know if it was factory, or aftermarket?

*Project Update* I am at a stand still, I have blew my funds of tools, and I need a stud welder to pull the dents, so I must put some money aside.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You can buy one on ebay for 10 bucks plus 20 dollars shipping for a used one. TADD usually has a bunch of them. I bought a used flux wire welder from them for 20 dollars (30 shipping) better than buying a cheap new one for $120. Especially if your only going to use it a few times in your life.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really??? Are they any good? I was going to buy a professional one from eastwood catalog because the dent I am pulling out on the pass. side b pillar is paper thin because there was rust i removed. I thought a expensive stud welder would do a more precise job?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After I get the Tinny painted I'm going to put in the motor I pulled out of another samurai with 150 psi even on all 4 cyl. I already have my petroworks cv 40mm carb/intake setup, and Im going to order a header/catless 2" exhaust package, isky cam, and I also already have a new in box aisin factory clutch kit, with jap TO bearing. I am going to have the head resufaced since the head gasket was blown, and reseal the motor, hopefully it will last a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts