Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been having a few problems with stone chips damaging my paintwork :angry:
I bought the touch up paint set from my local Suzuki dealer, but i have two problems with it.
1. The colour says "slight variations in colour may occur". Well the touch up looks miles darker than my existing colour! :eek:
I apply it a bit at a time (usually using a cocktail stick or needle rather than the clumsy brushes the paint comes with), but I still can't get a decent colour match.
2. when i've got the paint on, I cant get it level with the rest of the paintwork. It always leaves a slight bump.
Previous older cars got washed,waxed and cleaned just as much as the Ignis does, but i wasn't as bothered by the touch up paint as i am now.
I want my IGNIS to be perfect :D
Rigoose

·
Registered
353 Posts
What color is the paint? Is it metallic? Is it pearl like? Those will be your most difficult to match. And if you use too much paint, yeah it will apear darker.

You did good by not using the "paint brush"(for lack of a better term)...its useless! I prefer artists detail brushes, you can usually find them inexpensively. Use as lil paint as possible, and repeat if necissarry...but dont glob it.

Alright now comes the hard part...find some 1000 gritt wet sand paper, keep the surface wet and lightly wet sand that portion, follow with a high quality wax. But be careful, you dont wanna go to deep on the good paint!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ShortBuSx,
My paint is metallic "Adriatic blue", although the touch up looks more like "deep atlantic!" Your advise looks pretty good though, so I might try that tomorrow lunchtime.
wish me luck!
Rigoose

·
Registered
114 Posts
suzuki touch ups are way off from right. they used to produce awesome color match until around 99 when they revamped many colors. i now go to a paint supply shop that will make spray bombs up i simply spray some in a small cup or the actaul paint spray can lid use a tooth pick and it works better than anything and is extremely difficult to pick out when done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts