Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a what I believe to be a 2002 suzuki samurai long wheeled based pickup with a an original Renault diesel engine 1.9non turbo. I am an American living down in the French west indies in the Caribbean on an island called St Barthelemy. I purchased this Suzuki pickup last November 2011 and it has been pretty much trouble free in the last 8 months but first the thermostat went and I believe the head gasket has to be changed and possibly the head milled down I may even have cracks in the head and or the block which means I will need to replace the engine – This island I live on the hourly labour rate is ridiculous and I don’t have the tools to do it myself, I don’t think it is a simple problem as say just getting the head gasket replaced.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I know there is water in the engine as it battle to start and when it eventually does there is black water mixed with oil coming out of the tail pipe which is obviously not a good sign....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Look you need to confirm the issue first, so to a mechanic...or mechanic friend...
1) Compression Test to id the cylinder...
2)Leak down test as there may be other reasons other than a blown head for oil water mixing.

From there then you figure out what you need...
The long and short is there no way around unless you can do it your self you are going to have to cough up the dough. Might be less painful to change engine but again Test first buy later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts