Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I just got a 87 Samurai running again, everything was working rather fully when it was parked sometime in 2009, just got it back up and running and now I need tips on what to look for since x amount of things aren't working. My list:

Windshield Wipers, put a new fuse in, washer motor works but not the wiper motor itself. New motor?
Reverse lights, put a new fuse in, lights won't work, will be trying new bulbs, but aside from bulbs what else would it be?
Turn/Hazard lights, New fuse put in, the front marker lights DO work, so I'm guessing it's just the relay gone bad.
Instrument Panel lights, Put new fuse in, they won't work at all, although IF I remember right, they didn't work when I had it running in 2009.

Will put more if more comes up, trying to get it road worthy (again) for when I get my license back in 6 months.

Ah, and the problem of rats/whatever, they wouldn't get in and just chew a FEW wires, right? (I hope.)

Any advice or tips will be much appreciated, thanks.

Picture of a fusebox cover that SHOULD be for the same year:
http://www2.izook.com/images/fusebox2.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Lectrical troubles from rats

Put moth balls along the wire looms every 6" or so.
Inside and out...smells funny but rats and tree rats and mice hate it and will go anywhere else to avoid the odor and balls.

Use a multi meter to check continuity in the wires to the devices that do not work...check in behind the dash ... many looms there. any chewing will need attention. Be very patient.

Good luck !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts