Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I have a 1994 Escudo with a 4 pin TPS is it possible to change it and install a 3 pin since I can't find a 4 pin ?

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Is the Escudo the same as the Sidekick?
Not necessarily - first - the Escudo name has been continuously in use since 1989 - it's been used on vehicles that are similar in appearance to the Sidekick, Vitaras & Grand Vitaras of all four generations, and the XL-7

Having said that - a 1994 Escudo would most likely have been a 1994 JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) vehicle, with the same body style as the 1994 Sidekick - but - because it was not built to meet US market requirements (which the Sidekick was), there are likely to be differences, especially in the engine & emissions areas.

Sourcing parts for JDM vehicles can be problematic, not just for the reason above, but, again using an Escudo & a Sidekick as an example - the Sidekick would have been built in Canada, and the Escudo built in Japan, different suppliers might have been used, and the Escudos sometimes used different systems - I came across an Escudo with the first gen body style, that was fitted with the pneumatic freewheel front axle that the US didn't get until the second gen vehicles.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Megazip may also be of help as as it’s specifically for JDM vehicles.

I also have an Escudo and have found many parts different to the European Vitara as it is fuel injected and has many electrical extras.

1994 JDM Escudo LWB 5DR, 5SPD, TD01W, SE416, G16A EPI.

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Megazip may also be of help as as it’s specifically for JDM vehicles.
Whilst megazip.net can supply parts for JDM vehicles, it's not specifically for JDM vehicles, you can find parts for vehicles built for other markets - if you need parts for, say, a Canadian market Suzuki, go to Megazip, enter your vehicle VIN, and it should pull up the correct parts catalogues

I also have an Escudo and have found many parts different to the European Vitara as it is fuel injected and has many electrical extras.
European market Vitaras, are as they say, a whole 'nother story - a lot of those were built by Santana in Spain, and it sometimes seems that Santana used whatever parts were on the shelf, and didn't even bother to document the changes - Suzuki's Japanese factories were meticulous when it came to record keeping, Santana, not so much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Whilst megazip.net can supply parts for JDM vehicles, it's not specifically for JDM vehicles, you can find parts for vehicles built for other markets - if you need parts for, say, a Canadian market Suzuki, go to Megazip, enter your vehicle VIN, and it should pull up the correct parts catalogues

European market Vitaras, are as they say, a whole 'nother story - a lot of those were built by Santana in Spain, and it sometimes seems that Santana used whatever parts were on the shelf, and didn't even bother to document the changes - Suzuki's Japanese factories were meticulous when it came to record keeping, Santana, not so much.
That’s great information, thanks.
It does appear that my Escudo would have more standard extras than an Irish Vitara.

Air conditioning, Electric windows and mirrors, headlight washers, etc.

Our tax system means that a high rate of Vehicle registration tax and value added tax is added to new cars and I believe this was even more so for higher spec models previously, it was not a linear scale.

We would have imported smaller engined, lower spec new models due to this.

1994 JDM Escudo LWB 5DR, 5SPD, TD01W, SE416, G16A EPI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts