Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today as my dad was driving my car he noticed that in the middle of his drive, the locks decided to pop up and go back down on him several times. It was installed so that when you turn the car on, the locks go down and lock and when you turn it off, it unlocks. I got this thing installed back in like what.. May or June and now it wants to malfunction. Anyone know what the cause of this could be. I cant take it to the dealer, I got it done else where and dont think i had a warrenty for that long period of time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I dont know if its the same as mine but the reson that while your driving and the lock goes up and down is because when the "pump" was installed( usually located on the drivers side ) theres a switch, like a on and off botton, I think its in between its like a setup fonction when the car is on the doors locks and when your press twice on the brake while the handbreak is up or when you remove the key the car unlocks itself not too sure since I dont know the model of you keyless cause mine is an auto start so the settings might be different from yours.... ill post some pics to explain it better......

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out what was causing the locks to not lock when i start the car and for it to do it on and off while driving. I had never messed with my stearing column adjuster before, I always kept it down where its convienent for me. Ever since my dad has been driiving my car since i told him you can adjust it since he is taller than me, he had been moving the stearing column up to his reach while driving. Ever since he did that, that is when my locks started going crazy or not working. I found that there must be a loose wire in the column that powers the locks as you start the car and turn the car off. I played around with it today and when i adjusted the column with the car on.. the locks finally locked automatically. Anyway get what i was saying?...lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zipper said:
I see, so due to the loose connection, and the different position, it was getting power intermediantly
Yep... now i need to find someone who can fix that so that I dont get pissed off everytime it doesnt want to seem to work when my dad decides to adjust the stearing column.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts