Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have s suzuki Jimny SOHC Year 2000 and it had automatic transmission. Now I converted it to manual. However now there is a strange ticking noise coming from inside the cabin under the dash. Did I forget to do something pls? Can anyone help me?

thanks for any of your help

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just a wild guess but most likely a control unit trying to trip a mode in the auto that is no longer there. Was a CPU from a manual trans also switched? Possible Park safety switch. Like I said I'm just throwing out wild guesses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

No..nothing electrical was changed..just swapped the auto gearbox to a manual one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No..nothing electrical was changed..just swapped the auto gearbox to a manual one.[/QUOTE]

Were any connections that went to the auto just left hanging? Most autos now are electronic controled. I'm from the USA and never seen anything over a 1995 model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes at the moment all wiring was left sort of hanging except for the connection that switches the reverse lights. I am thinking that I screwed my suzuki as now I noticed that when I engage the 4WD, the light on the dash goes blinking and I think the front wheel hubs are not engaging. I suspect this might also be releated. What do you think?

·
Registered
150 Posts
You might be able to run jumper wires, from the 4x light switch connection, to a toggle switch and allow the front to lock in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suspect the 4WD problem is not related to the gearbox swap. I had a minor accident and he hit me on the wheel and lost the wheel alignment and I suspect that is the problem with the hubs not engaging. What do u think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts