Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the problem is that I have a 330 and when I walk in 2nd the car goes well but when it puts 3rd the car works 3 seconds in 3rd and then it gets "n" after a while it comes back and it gets in 2nd and when it puts 3rd place again "n", it always gets "n" when you put the 3rd, what problem can it be?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
As Philip has said, check the level. The correct process to check this (many people don't know how to so I will describe it), i.e. at operating temperature, in P with brake on engine running, Foot hard on Brake pedal, shift thru all positions P-R-N-D-2-L, pause 2 seconds or so in each position then return to P using same pauses. Check oil level within 30 seconds of returning to P position with engine still running. Oil should be between warm L and warm H marks.
If its at the correct level and is clean and does not smell burnt, get line pressures checked to start the diagnostic process.

·
Super Moderator
23,837 Posts
Also make sure that the fluid is a nice red color, and not brown. If you find that the fluid is the right color, and at the right level, post again, as there are other things you can check. But start with the simple things first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also make sure that the fluid is a nice red color, and not brown. If you find that the fluid is the right color, and at the right level, post again, as there are other things you can check. But start with the simple things first.
The oil is new, check it and it is the right color, what type of oil is this 3l30?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I don't have this manual, could you not help by saying about how many 1/4 do I need?
what do you mean "how many 1/4" ???
Oil should be Dextron III and between the full hot and low hot marks on the dipstick after following the correct level checking procedure.
If you are asking how much it holds, if fully empty with TC empty 5.1 litres approx , if just a service oil change and filter clean then approx 2.8 litres.

The amount it holds is relatively immaterial. The level on the dipstick is the correct way to determine how much it has in it after using the correct testing procedure. If its low, add oil, depending on exact transmission model and variant of the 3L30 its about 500 ml between low and high marks, add a bit, re-check and add again until at correct level.
If its over full, remove oil and re-check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts