Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Suzuki Kizashi - Well I was driving and it jerked then white smoke started pouring out of the exhaust. Since we don't have a dealship close to us now, I had to have it towed to New Orleans - 60 miles away.

They did a diagnostic test and informed us that it was the Pcv Valve - The diagnostic will cost $106.00 if not covered by warranty and the Pcv Valve is not covered and will cost 250.00. This is crazy. I just need to know for sure if this is not covered under my warranty. I don't believe them.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Doesn't the USA have some sort of engine emissions component related warranty that runs for 8yrs? (The PCV is part of the emissions system.)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
What Emission Control and Emission Related Parts Are Covered by
The Design and Defect Warranty?
An emission control part is any part installed with the primary purpose of controlling emissions.
An emission related part is any part that has an effect on emissions. Listed below are some examples
of parts or systems which fall under these definitions. A more complete list can be found in your
owner’s manual/warranty booklet. If any of the parts listed below fail to function or function
improperly because of a defect in materials or workmanship, causing your vehicle to exceed
federal emission standards, they should be repaired or replaced under the emissions warranty if
your vehicle is less than 2 years old and has been driven less than 24,000 miles. One manufacturer
may use more parts than another, so the following list is not complete for all vehicles.
Emission Control Parts
1. Exhaust Gas Conversion Systems: oxygen sensor, thermal reactor, catalytic converter,
dual-walled exhaust pipe
2. Exhaust Gas Recirculation System: EGR valve, thermal vacuum switch, EGR solenoid,
EGR spacer plate, EGR backpressure transducer, sensor and switches use to control EGR
flow
3. Evaporative Emission Control System: purge valve, fuel filler cap, purge solenoid, vapor
storage canister and filter
4. Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System: PCV valve, PCV solenoid
5. Air Injection System: Air pump, diverter, bypass, or gulp valve, reed valve, anti-backfire
or deceleration valve
6. Early Fuel Evaporative (EFE) System: EFE valve, thermal vacuum switch, heat riser
valve
7. Fuel Metering System: electronic control module (unit) or EFI air flow meter, computer
command module or mixture control unit, deceleration controls, electronic choke, fuel
injectors, fuel injection units and fuel altitude compensator sensor, bars or rails for EFI
or TBI systems, mixture settings on sealed fuel mixture control solenoid, diaphragm or
other systems, fuel metering components that achieve closed/other feedback control sen
sors/loop operation switches and valves
8. Air Induction System: thermostatically controlled air cleaner, air box
9. Ignition Systems: electronic spark advance timing advance/retard systems, high energy
electronic ignition
10. Miscellaneous Parts: hoses, gaskets, brackets, clamps and other accessories used in the
above systems
from http://www.epa.gov/obd/pubs/420f09048.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suzuki 2012 Kizashi Powertrain Warranty

Well, now they are saying that my motor needs changing but the warranty will not cover it because it has sludge in the motor. This is a 2012 - No way there is sludge from any fault of mine. I need help on who I can call.

Thanks
Janell Mitchell

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
:eek:

Has it been serviced in accordance with the Suzuki owner's manual?

If you've had the servicings carried out correctly by a qualified mechanic then I can't see how they can deny warranty coverage.

Who are you talking to at the dealership; perhaps you need to go above them and speak to somebody else?

There's some warranty info here http://www.suzukiauto.com/Warranty.aspx

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's a self serving dealership.They may be preying on your ignorance. The cliche is "quote high", if the customer doesn't complain then say," plus parts".
Contact a consumer advocacy group, plus Suzuki Corp. Then media, write letter cc all on it.Then f/u with the delearship manager.Beware they may get spiteful remember they have your car hostage.Or tow it to another dealer.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts