Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how I can change the faulty driver side window switch on my '14 Alto, please? Today the window stopped working, but I was able to coax it closed. The switch feels "wobbly", as if it's broken inside.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Have you eclectically tested it?

you will need a momentary, double pole, double throw, centre off switch as a replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying!
No, I haven't tested it yet as I don't know how to remove it from the door panel. I hope and think it's just the screw in the armrest pocket/handle and lift off the armrest "cushion" and swap the switch for a new one. Pretty certain it isn't an electrical problem as the switch toggle has gone all "wobbly".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Window switch problem solved!

I spoke to the mechanic at my local Suzuki dealer about this. He told me that there was almost certainly nothing wrong with the switch! There is a thermal cut-out in the window circuit that trips if the motor starts to strain, for example if the runner channels get "gummed up" over time, rather than damage the motor itself. It should reset itself once it has cooled down.
Following his advice, I tried the window, and everything was fine once the cut-out had cooled down and reset itself. Sprayed the channels with WD40 as a stop-gap until I can get some silicone spray. :D
This may be useful to anyone who encounters this problem.

·
Super Moderator
17,522 Posts
That is encouraging news but doesn't follow suit with the reported symptoms. :huh:

the window stopped working
The switch feels "wobbly", as if it's broken inside.
Looking back, if you had explained in detail your ability to "coax" the window shut (apparently electrically now we hear) we would have been better equipped to offer advice.

Glad it's sorted though. :)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Sprayed the channels with WD40 as a stop-gap until I can get some silicone spray. :D
This may be useful to anyone who encounters this problem.
so you sprayed the window channels with stuff that will attract more dirt and make them sticker?

I would also get some cotton buds (Q tips in 'murrican) and clean the channels out then use a good silicone spray, WD-40 while a good product, is not really designed or recommended for this application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts