Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking under my Samurai I recently got and DAMN its dirty. Mix of dirt and rust.

Can I just powerwash under there or do I need to be careful of things? Is it possible that I can spray some CLR on some of the areas on and around the brake lines?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes you can powerwash underneath, no need to cover anything, I would first soak/spray everything in concentrated degresser 1:1 let it soak for 5 mins, then wash it off, repeat steps if necessary.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I won't say it isn't true, but I've never heard that before. I know it helps remove rust stains from porcelain, but breaking up rust from metal? Once metal has oxidized you can't convert it back to non-oxidized metal. You can stop the oxidization process using different chemicals so that it doesn't spread, you can cut or grind out the rusted metal, or if it's just surface rust you can take it off with abrasives.... maybe that's where the CLR comes in. Might work on taking off light surface rust, making it clean and prepped for painting. I have some under the kitchen sink, and I have more than a few rusty spots on my rig I could try it on. I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, well I tried it. Sprayed it on some nasty areas and then powerwashed it off. Pretty much like you said, helps get of some surface rust but probably more of a waste of time than anything. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts