Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm literally brand new to this forum, so I'm not sure how everything works, so I just took a swing at it. Anyways, I drive a 2007 Suzuki Reno, and I've been driving it for about three weeks now. I love it to death, but I've noticed that the steering is somewhat heavier than I remember most cars being. For example, when I take a turn at say, about, 20mph, I feel a lot of resistance, as if the wheel is trying to pull back the other way. Now this might be due to the fact that it's front-wheel-drive, and it's trying to straighten itself out, but I've driven plenty of front-wheel-drive vehicles without having this problem. I checked the fluid level and it's right above the minimum line, so I dunno if that should be topped-off or not, but the fluid is clear, so I don't think it needs a flush. The tire pressure is only about 5 psi low on each wheel, but I'm going to fix that soon. Other than a bad pump, I can't think of any other reason as to why it drives like this. Is it normal for this car? I'm just concerned about it, and I would like for it to steer much smoother. If any of you can help me out, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. welcome to the forum!! something like this is really hard to diagnose over the internet. each car is different. i really dont think the car should pull to one side when turning or try to straighten itself out. your best bet is to take it to a trusted mechanic and have them take a test drive. does the car make any noise when this happens? have you ever had the wheels balanced? does the steering wheel shake or just pull to the side? have you taken a look at the power steering pump? theres a lot it could be, anything from a problem with the suspension to a bent rim. let us know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after looking at the whole car a bit closer, I did discover it has a bent rear driver's side rim. But I never would've thought that would affect the steering. I seems like it's all coming from the front wheels or the pump itself possibly.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
The rear wheels shouldn't effect how the front turning is behaving. I'd have the power steering pump looked at. Some people do like that seafoam product but I've never tried it in anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll definitely consider that SeaFoam stuff! It seems to work well. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts