Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

This past weekend on 07 Xl7 v6 (98k miles) developed a p/s/ whine during low speed turns. Checked the fluid and it was at the bottom of the stick. My NAPA sold me a bottle of PYROIL Power steering fluid and i topped the reservoir off (about 6 ounces added).

Next i noticed the bottle says 'for Honda and Acura'... so I called Valvoline... they suggest complete bleed of the system 'to be safe'.

Any thoughts on this? Is it necessary?

Note: this may be a 'moot point' as the whine is still there.

Note 2: NAPA suggests a $10 per bottle fluid change out with AMSOIL p/s/ fluid... probably $50 of fluid.

Note 3: I think i will have my dealer diagnose the cause.

Any comments?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
If the fluid has never been changed, I would recommended a full flush... ATF is sufficient for the refill.....

Raise the weight off the wheels and turn the steering lock to lock to clear all air and flush the fluid completely through the system...

..... Philip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the fluid has never been changed, I would recommended a full flush... ATF is sufficient for the refill.....

Raise the weight off the wheels and turn the steering lock to lock to clear all air and flush the fluid completely through the system...

..... Philip
I am confused by what type of ps fluid my 2007 XL-7 should take.

1. Owners manual says 'refer to fluid section' --- no reference

2. My dealer says 'its special but we don't have any'

3. Another dealer told me: GM p.n. 89021184 --- but they don't have any

4. NAPA says the GM p.n. is DEXRON 111 - and any p.s. fluid will work

5. I had a independant shop flush the system and install DEXRON 111, now 1,000 miles later I am getting high steering effort at low rpms (less than 1,000 rpm)

6. Several web posts say: '...DEXRON 111 will cause hard steering at slow speeds

Any suggestions on what fluid should be used?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts