Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Kizashi AWD 2.4L DOHC current on all service 70,000 miles when driving car lost power and would not accelerate would maintain about 60 but no more after stopping for a few minutes then restarting car ran with no problems car did not have any check engine light or problem codes in history just curious if anyone might have any ideas as I was going to give the car to my daughter for college and don't need any headaches

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
With the information provided, your guess would be better than any offered..

I would be looking at a fuel loss/restriction.

.... Philip

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have a 2010 Kizashi AWD 2.4L DOHC current on all service 70,000 miles when driving car lost power and would not accelerate would maintain about 60 but no more after stopping for a few minutes then restarting car ran with no problems car did not have any check engine light or problem codes in history just curious if anyone might have any ideas as I was going to give the car to my daughter for college and don't need any headaches
I'm guessing it's a CVT model and doesn't have a manual transmission? The CVT will go into a "limp home" mode if it overheats. It doesn't take much to get them to overheat- from what I've read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing it's a CVT model and doesn't have a manual transmission? The CVT will go into a "limp home" mode if it overheats. It doesn't take much to get them to overheat- from what I've read.
That is exactly what it was there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TS 05 02045) that explains the "solution"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts