Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have an Ignis 2004, petrol. it is loosing power for a few minutes on long journeys at speeds above 60mph. This clears again on round town journeys. Mileage is low at 65k. There are no warning lights or check lights when this happens or after. The car runs well at all other times. It seems to be worse on hotter days. I have read the other threads and will check sensors. Any and all advice is welcome please as there are few Suzuki people here and the main dealer doesn't care about an old car. All they say here is "Leave it in and we'll see....". Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always made sure the petrol never gets too low and that I buy at a good station to avoid bad petrol yet I think you are in the right area. Is that in the petrol tank? I have read that it is a big job to change? Thanks you very much for the fast reply. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The fuel pump assembly is equipped with built-in fuel filter. This is a big job - Remove fuel tank from under car and remove fuel pump from fuel tank.

Disconnect fuel pipe joint and fuel hoses from pipes. For quick joint, disconnect it as follows :
Remove mud, dust and/or foreign material between pipe and joint by blowing compressed air.
Unlock joint lock by inserting special tool between pipe and joint.

The fuel pressure can be tested with gauge in the engine bay first by undoing delivery line to injector tube - I would suggest this.

Never done it, so not sure what the next step is. I would suggest emptying fuel first, by disconnecting fuel line at firewall and removing fuel relay and shorting big contacts with wire with ignition on. Get some long fuel line to pump fuel into a catch container or other car. I did this the other day after car was a write-off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, I have the manual and I can see it's an awkward job indeed. It says you need special tool "Fuel quick joint remover 09919-47020". Does anyone know if this is strictly necessary, it wouldn't be much fun to disassemble it all only to be unable to finish the job.

Suzuki Ignis Acdelco Fuel Filter Genuine OE Quality CAR Service Replacement Part | eBay

Would this be a suitable replacement?

Thanks again, I'ts great to get some info from those in the know.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have a Mazda with a joint that looks the same. Two flat blades and three hands got it apart. Looks easy to break, as it is plastic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's my worry, I have ordered the filter and got it for a good price, 28 euro delivered but that's delivered from Germany, so if anything goes wrong, I don't have plan B. Dealer is useless, quoted 175 appx for filter alone. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very interesting, learning every day, I've ordered a set for 4 euro from Hong Kong, well worth a punt. Thanks very much, I really appreciate the assistance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fascinating, brilliant, just ordered some from Hong Kong for 4 euro delivered, looking forward to study and experiment with them. Much appreciated.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, thanks, that's the one I've ordered. Takes a few weeks to arrive but hopefully I'll have the time to wait. I've got to wait until I get home to do the job anyway as that's where the shed and tools etc are. It's going to be of some use to me, my dad or friends some day for sure. At least the Ignis is a reasonably simple car as they go these days. I hate to think how complex hybrid cars would be to work on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts