Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm new to the forum and have looked through a lot of posts and have not found this problem discussed. I have a 2011 SX4 5 speed, and out of the blue the DRL stopped coming on when the e brake is released(indicator on dash still comes on) at the same time the power door locks stopped working as well as the dome light.
Weird thing is that when I turn the headlights on the door locks and dome light start working again, turn thehead lights off and they stop working.
Has anyone had this happen or heard of it?

·
Registered
853 Posts
.. DRL stopped coming on when the e brake is released(indicator on dash still comes on) ...
Just wanting to be sure what you mean...
DRL is inhibited when parking brake is applied..normal. NOw...you seem to say the inverse....right ?
e-brake: you mean emergency (parking) brake...right ?...on some cars, "parking" brake is electrically controlled, hence e-brake in those cases is used to mean "electric" or "electronic" brake....
NOw..this is headlight diagram for most cars
www.avigex.ca/sx4/headlights.pdf
is your name "nfd" related to Newfoundland...??? I suggest filling up your profile .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nfd is the initials of my fire dept,I live in the states. And yes I mean parking/emergency brake. When the brake is released the drl lights generally come on and now they dont, the drl indicator still illuminates on the dash, power locks don't function and the dome light doesn't come on when the doors open(the switch is in the right position). When I physically turn the headlights on with the switch everything seems to work normally. Turn the headlights back off and the locks and dome light stop working again. With the headlights off when you press the lock button I still hear the relay click so I have no clue what circuit is not making that's preventing the drl lights, door locks and dome light to function as they are supposed to

·
Registered
853 Posts
OK..I'll take some time to try figuring out what circuit might be "reverse" fed by the headlamp circuit. THe fact that headlights are always HOT fed from the +12V side, and turned on by grounding the other side can create some unexpected oddities and some have been identified in the past in a few threads.
Just for the record...have all fuses been checked OK ?

www.avigex.ca/sx4/fusebox.pdf

box1 under hood,
box2 left of brake/clutch pedal....needs acrobatic abilities and no backache

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize for the delayed response. All fuses checked good, and no joke about needing acrobatic skills. It is working for now, I pulled all connections from DRL module and reconnected them and it started working. Not saying it will keep working but now at least I have a direction to look in if/when it starts acting up again. Thank you for your time and for the schematics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts