Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im looking into trying to get a bit more lower end power out of my 1994 sierra. its max speed on highways isnt an issue for me whatsoever, but i want a bit more grunt for offroad use, so more torque i guess...

from what i have read, new and bigger 4-2-1 extractors seem to be good, how much effort does it take to change these? what other things could i do to increase power without spending a fortune or changing the engine?

for the record, i dont know a whole heap about cars... ive done some things, but not much...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Have you considered swapping out the transfer case gears? That will get you some low end out on the trail. Headers (extractors) and exhaust will give you a little, but not enough to really make a difference. I only saw significant torque after I rebuilt the motor with better parts and went to a Harley carb. Now I can't keep a woodruff key on the crankshaft for more than six months... but that might also be from a heavy right foot. Once I was able to spin the tires in the fiirst three gears I tended to show off a bit...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts