Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1987 sammy that runs great except it wont do over 55 mph when you come to a hill its like you are pulling a trailor it bogs to the pt of downshifting, I checked commpression, timming even put on a new coil, I replaced the carb with a propane system my original plan) and still the same thing, The exhaust is brand new looking but it was on it when I got it a yr ago, the caddilatic converter doesent seem clogged but I havent broke it loose and checked that I did pull out the o2 sensor and drove it but no diffrence, nothing on the drive train seems to be getting hot, Any clues would be great,

·
Registered
20 Posts
When you checked compression what were the numbers? Anything under 170# with no more than 14# between any two cylinders is (by the manual) indicative of a rebuild. Low numbers could simply indicate a need to adjust valve lash.

The 1.3L is not a power house anyway, and as has already been pointed out, running tall tires with no corresponding reduction in gearing (either at the transfer case or the differentials - or both) you will experience a reduction in power, especially in 5th gear, and especially at speed and on hills.

You can improve your performance by adding TC gears... 4.16:1, or better.

Good luck! :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts