Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can somebody help identify the power door actuators of the 5 doors of Suzuki Sidekick Sport 1.8l engine??
Pics would be best and where they are located??

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
This may seem obvious, but the power door lock actuators are going to be inside the doors hanging off the bottom of the door lock assembly - it's hard to miss them.

This is an ebay auction picture of a rear door lock for a Sidekick, the actuator is the piece on the lower right with the electrical connector, they are not supplied as a separate item, although they can be separated.

Open your door, find the wires and follow them.

·
Super Moderator
17,660 Posts
When needing to replace mine, I found it a whole lot less expensive and WAY easier to just install aftermarket solenoids right to the existing lock linkage rod. They connect to the same two existing +/- wires as well! 😉

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. The door behind the driver, that does not have door lock, just stops working, cannot lock and unlock. Does each door must have one separately??

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
Yes, each door, including the tail gate on a hard top vehicle will have an actuator.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When needing to replace mine, I found it a whole lot less expensive and WAY easier to just install aftermarket solenoids right to the existing lock linkage rod. They connect to the same two existing +/- wires as well! 😉

Thanks Max and Fordem. Are they all the same to fit Suzuki Sidekick?? Or there is specific one??

·
Super Moderator
17,660 Posts
They are universal in nature, require only a small void area in which to reside and you'll need to be a bit handy to install them.

A couple of how-to installation videos...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts