1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Im writing from UK

I test drove my very first (hopefully) Zuk few days back. A brand new Kizashi
I am a petrol head, but getting old now.:rolleyes: My daily car is a Crossfire srt6 and I tell you, what a MONEYPIT that is! (Its cost me approx $4,000 in fixing in the last 2 months) so it HAD to go. Now I got onto Kizzy because it has everything the SRT6 had and more (4x4, etc) but what I expected it to lack was punch. Im used to 3-5 seconds with my cars, so I expected this to be sluggish.. but whoa it wasn't!! Ok sure, not 3-5 secs but not 2weeks either

So my question. Is there anything that I need to know before handing over the $$$ AND my srt6 car to the dealership?? Any little warnings or even words to encourage me NOT to buy a Kizashi? Or it it a total blast?

Pro's?
Con's?

All in all Im happy to lack the oomph of my crossfire on a daily basis if it means I gain reliability of Kizashi

Thanks all

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello All
Im writing from UK

I test drove my very first (hopefully) Zuk few days back. A brand new Kizashi
I am a petrol head, but getting old now.:rolleyes: My daily car is a Crossfire srt6 and I tell you, what a MONEYPIT that is! (Its cost me approx $4,000 in fixing in the last 2 months) so it HAD to go. Now I got onto Kizzy because it has everything the SRT6 had and more (4x4, etc) but what I expected it to lack was punch. Im used to 3-5 seconds with my cars, so I expected this to be sluggish.. but whoa it wasn't!! Ok sure, not 3-5 secs but not 2weeks either

So my question. Is there anything that I need to know before handing over the $$$ AND my srt6 car to the dealership?? Any little warnings or even words to encourage me NOT to buy a Kizashi? Or it it a total blast?

Pro's?
Con's?

All in all Im happy to lack the oomph of my crossfire on a daily basis if it means I gain reliability of Kizashi

Thanks all
Ahoy Miss Matey, what a day in the FA Cup today. Love my 2010 Kizashi SLS. I have two other Suzukis (both 2002 XL-7 SUVs, one purchased new and one purchased in 2006). I've been stunningly pleased with the reliability on all three - have spent just a couple of hundred dollars on things other than regular maintenance (replaced one XL-7 alternator at 110,000 miles). I just take care of the finishes with regular washings and they look like new, including unbelievably the exhaust systems.
Things to know about before you buy. One, make sure you are comfortable with the thick front pillars. They're built that way for safety but you need to be more careful to see around them. Make sure you are comfortable with the device connections (Iphone etc.). And the listed gas mileage might not be as good as what you can get in another car, albeit note that some other makers have been accused of cheating in their self-reporting of the mileage figures. Finally, make sure you are comfortable with the continuously variable transmission. I appreciate its smoothness and so do many others, but you can see here that some others are not fans.
Good luck with your decision and I hope it works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey chazkizashi

thanks for your message.. uurrmm yep FA cup.. astounding!!

You have helped me loads with my decision I will be having a pearl black with dark interior (rainbow colours or styling variants not available in UK)

Grrr wait until im out of warranty - induction hood and sports exhaust awaits :cool::eek:

I have heard a few moans and groans about CVT, Im doing my finger-in-ears 'la-la-la' about this. Deciding to be ignorant. The reaction seems to be very similar when one tells another their star sign is scorpio.. "ooo, scorpio? hmmm..." AKA trouble :huh:

As long as im safe with warranty (check) and my bottom is warm via seat and not engine in flames (check) and hopefully get more than 25mpg (thinking) then Im a happy bunny

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p.s. I just changed alternator on the crossfire... bill $1,000 So the dealership will have a freshly fitted one. (X-fire only has 40k miles)
That was my breaking point, and the time myself & Chrysler fell out :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hi, welcome. I think you'll be very happy with a Kizashi, but I have noticed some people with the CVT complain about the fuel economy? I'm averaging 8.9l/100km (32MPG - Imperial gallons, 26.4MPG US gallons) in my manual 2WD over nearly 4000km. I had a modified RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup previously and I'm matching the fuel economy of it on the same routes- so I'm happy.

There's a dedicated Kizashi forum here Kizashi Club - Index page that probably has a lot more info that you'll find useful. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
***First 24 hours***

This is first 24 hours feedback re: my first Kizashi (and Suzuki ever) after years of Mercedes, Bmw etc...

Im Astounded. And love this car.:)

A really great purchase, I feel. I dont see many of these around on the road in the UK (which is a good thing) - but could be an 'indicator'??? :rolleyes:

Anyway, all round to sum up TONNES of plus points but so far there are a few minuses for me personally...just niggles.

(i) the speedo dial. No colour changes on max MPH points (for example some UK cars had a little red line at 30, 50 and 70mph common road limits)
(ii) the compartment where the USB is - a bit impractical to store 'bits' in other words, no real little 'bucket' trays - so using the cup holders for coin storage and lipsticks :huh::p
(iii) the digital display - now by this point you might already have decided Im super fussy :lol: but It would have been lovely to be able so have a digital speed display mode in the centre, that shows big speedo numbers in the middle and then options for a big digital centre clock display, rather than a tiny clock time display in the corner. Finally red backlights on switches in the dark.. hmmm would have preferred white :D
(iV) The boot takes a bit of force to shut it, it does bounce back sometimes.

I know I have yet to 'read the manual' so, Im sure that Im just splitting hairs here.

I wont go down the route regarding CVT and upchange sounds yet. :eek: I realised that this could be a gripe, but I will live with that moan! I know it does take some getting used to - a car that floats like a swan, rather than paddle like a duck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts