Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new. Ive asked a few questions & just wanted to share some photos from going 4x4ing today out the back of Perth. It was totally awesome! Damn I long this thing, its just goes anywhere!

You all can post more photos if you like! ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like you've got some great trails there! I'm a little jealous! Lol
That grill and your rims make me think you've got a 2013 model there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks man, yea Ive finally managed to find some awesome tracks out here the back of Perth. & not far from home, its great.

Yep, 2013 model ;)
Bought it Jan this year & I freaken love it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great pics Paul, thanks for showing us.
I'd like to hit that track one day, looks awesome ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice one, front bar looks great, how do you find the extra weight up front..is it very noticeable?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I guess the front does feel heavier, but Ive got 3" inch lift springs in the front to take up the weight of the bar & winch. Its a but over 100kg's hanging on the front.
The only noticible thing is when going over big rocks & stuff you can feel the front compressing & rebounding more than it did. Just more weight. Its no problem.

& I dont know whats the go with the ARB fog lights, they work good, I have them aimed to compliment my low beam. Only use them in the country tho.. But just tonight they both blew with in a couple hours of each other. Not sure if its wiring or the globes?

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmm thats a bit weird...i recently had some spotties fitted by an auto elect and i blew a few globes very quickly...i was wondering what the hell was going on ...touch wood havent had one blow since...i also blew 2 fuses. It was concerning.

I contemplated getting the ARB bar but the combination of the extra weight and the money i just couldnt do it. I recently did a big trip to the kimberley, so the car was always going to be under stress and heavily loaded as it was let alone having a bull bar. Ive found with the larger muddies the braking is already affected so i was just a bit worried. 3 inch lift..mines barely 2...ironman..what you running? The other day i spotted a black GV with an ARB bar and lift kit in perth and it was crazy lifted! I couldnt believe the amount of lift he had..it it was less than 4 inches id be surprised...didnt think it was possible to lift them so much. He was running blue coils..dobinsons maybe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep mine are dobinsons. If the springs were blue, it's 2" inch lift. If they are red like mine they're 3" inch lift.
The iron man isn't 2"inch lift tho, just under, 45mm lift ;)
Maybe that's why the black GV u saw looked so lifted?

I'll post some more good photos tomorrow night.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep mine are dobinsons. If the springs were blue, it's 2" inch lift. If they are red like mine they're 3" inch lift.
The iron man isn't 2"inch lift tho, just under, 45mm lift ;)
Maybe that's why the black GV u saw looked so lifted?

I'll post some more good photos tomorrow night.
yep hence my "barely 2 inches"..but i did get comfortably 50mm at the rear and about 45mm at the front. No the rear arms on this vitara were at a crazy angle..perhaps it was 3 inch lift and the extra inch just seemed more than that..but either was it was the biggest lift ive seen either in photos or real life. I found the larger tyres have really helped out too with additional clearance and perhaps a bit safer mechanically than lifting more than 2 inches

·
Registered
380 Posts
yep hence my "barely 2 inches"..but i did get comfortably 50mm at the rear and about 45mm at the front. No the rear arms on this vitara were at a crazy angle..perhaps it was 3 inch lift and the extra inch just seemed more than that..but either was it was the biggest lift ive seen either in photos or real life. I found the larger tyres have really helped out too with additional clearance and perhaps a bit safer mechanically than lifting more than 2 inches
a guy on the forum has 6inch lift its possible just a lot of work. 90-100m would be pretty easy with spacers.

heres some pics of my rid, maybe someone can make this thread a sticky and bit less chit chat and more pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your Vitara Looks Great

Hi i have only just purchased my Grand Vitara and wasn't sure where to start looking for after market bit your Vitara looks great what have you installed and how did it for you as I am from Perth also.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have falcon rims with bfg rugged terains, t3/t4 turbo, 3inch exhaust, falcon intercooler, roof racks with anwing. was all done by me and tuned myself. got new clutch coming for it and want to get a lift too. there is a few aftermaket parts not much performance ones tho

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here is my rig.
Fraser Island bound in September.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here's mine from our most recent trip crossing the simpson desert

That's probably enough lol. It's currently up on bricks though as I destroyed a cv on a recent trip and there is a 6 week wait :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Zooks I sent you a msg on Facebook months ago asking for advise about the Warn winch & Bull bar & stuff & you never got back to me you bastard!lol..

Very nice GV by the way, looks just like mine now ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
On the arb page? Haha I would say yours looks like mine then.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
& Zooks when you say you have '2" ODA lift kit'

You mean Out Door Auto?... But its Dobinsons Suspension isnt it?

I got my shit from Tim as well, very helpful guy hey ;)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
For those concerned, the ARB bar is "only" 35Kg fitted...

100Kg up front will need at least a big winch with wire rope and some spotties too...

When I fitted mine, it took about 6 month for the OEM springs to sag a few cm, that's why I got the ARB upgraded springs. After that, it remains unchanged and level.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts