Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I hope you will tolerate a question from a current '98 Jeep Cherokee owner!
I contemplating selling the Jeep and getting something off-roadable, something to take camping and fishing, something Japanese for more reliability, and something light with good fuel economy.
I currently have a petrol/LPG dual fuel vehicle, but diesel is attractive. I have heard that the diesel particle filters were a bit of a problem. Is that the case and are there any particular years-models to avoid?
I have no idea of the model variants of the GV. Do all have low range? What are the ratios like for crawling (especially down hill) with auto and manual boxes? My current Jeep is an auto and I really like them off-road, but they do chew juice and can run-away down hill in novice hands.
Finally, how do you guys find the GV on sand? In the old days Suzis had a great reputation on sand.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. PK

·
Registered
281 Posts
Auto GV's do pretty good on Sand.. the 2.5 litre 5 Door GV is the pick for touring but your limited on boot space...
Snorkel kits can be sourced from overseas relatively cheaply but I would have to insist on getting bash plates fitted as ride height is a big problem for the GV's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.