Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock, 1988 Samurai. Bought it a little over a year ago and while the interior was rough and it had dry rotted tires, mechanically it seemed pretty sound with only 61,000 miles and even had a working AC unit. I have been driving it around short little trips in my neighborhood over the past year just to see if any problems developed, and last week had just convinced myself it was solid, so dropped a bunch of money on new tires, wheels, and some interior upgrades.

Darn my luck, but after the first little trip of 10 miles I took it on, when I got back I noticed a knock coming from the engine. You really hear it at idle, and sounds like a single cylinder. As you rev up the engine, the know kind of goes away or gets drowned by the engine noise. Driving the car, I have also started to notice a few, very brief, drops in power. Almost feels like hitting a bump. know it's hard to for anyone to say with certainly what is going on, but I would suspect that there is not much that's easy, or inexpensive to fix, that could cause a noise like this.

My fear is the engine needs to be rebuilt. Any suggestions on what the best way to make this call would be?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts