Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Grand Vitara x-sport that I'm having issues with. About a year and a half ago my engine light came on with code indicating catalytic converter issues. Engine light went off a couple days later and hasn't thrown that code since. About 2 months ago my engine light came on indicating exhaust manifold issues. Engine light again went off a couple days later and it hasn't thrown that code again either. About 2 weeks ago my car became hard to start and would not stay idled unless you were giving it gas or it would stop running (it would restart but always sounded like it was flooded). Engine light came on indicating bad EGR Valve. I replaced the valve (took me all day) and cleaned the intake manifold. Now its starts fine and runs ok, although it will idle high at times and once when I drove it about 10 miles it slowed up and wouldn't go faster than 30 mph until it cooled down. I have replaced the MAF sensor,canister surge valve (accidentally got broken during EGR valve replacement), spark plugs (about 4 months ago) and air filter. Engine light recently came on indicating pcv valve but now the engine light is on with codes of p0174 system to lean (bank 2), p2197 02 sensor stuck lean bank 2 sensor 1, and p2282 air leak between throttle body and intake valve with no mention/code for the pcv valve. Im totally confused and have no idea what code will appear day to day. Im going to check air leak tomorrow. Could this air leak also affect the 02 sensors? Seems as though that ever since I replaced the EGR valve something else is malfunctioning or appears to be. I'm also going to check all hoses tomorrow. Why are so many different codes coming up and then disappearing? I know its all emissions related but which one? They can't all just coincidencetly going bad at the same time could they? Should I go ahead and order os sensors as well? Sure it needs them regardless i suppose. Thx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.