Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I replaced the clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing on a 2008 forenza. After putting it all back together and adjusting the linkage twice according to the manual the linkage is still not working. I can find reverse it seems like that's all the car wants to do. When adjusting it per the manual neutral is reverse and I have yet to find first or neutral. I think I found 3rd 4th and 5th or at least one of them. It'll stall when I try and let the clutch out. Someone please help I'm perplexed as to why this stupid car isn't cooperating. I need to get this back to the customer but I'm dumb founded. Any ideas. ..

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi welcome to the forum! unfortunately i own an automatic. i do have the service manual for an 05 though. i can look it up and see what it says about the linkage. i dont think it would be that much different if at all. ill post up again later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks man. I'd appreciate it if you could look that up. Probably already did it but is worth a shot. Thanks again

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Ok. Went and got the procedure from the manual. Ill post the pics. One thing to remember these cars can be kind of finicky.
Well in having trouble uploading pics from my phone but here's a link to the online service manual. Hopefully it can a little. Also maybe double check everything make sure it's all put back correctly.
Daewoo Service Manual
Any other problems or questions just ask we'll try to help

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Why did you adjust the shifter linkage in the first place? If it was shifting fine before, and all you wanted to do was replace the PP and release bearing/hydraulic slave there should be no reason to adjust the linkage. I've had my transmission in and out of the car several times and never had the linkage get messed up. Only time I had to mess with the adjustment of the rod linkage was when I converted to 6 speed trans - even then it was only a slight adjustment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a good question. I assumed since i didn't mess with it, it would just line back up but it didn't. So I am thinking something got bent or messed up in the process of putting it back together. Can anyone verify whether the gear shift arm on the trans should look like this or if it is supposed to be straight..

·
Super Moderator
17,681 Posts
It appears bent to me based on the fact that the bottom of the "U" (where it attaches to the rod) is lined up straight on the end of the shaft, but the ears are bent up ^. :huh:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
i thik what your going to have to do is just keep trying. i dont mean that in a mean way lolol. i just mean because it was bent i think even straitening it things might be a touch off. i think you might have to either go through the adjustment process few times to keep moving it around or kinda jiggle and move the parts around a bit till you can get them to fall into place. maybe check over the parts as your going along and make sure something else isnt out of alignment. sorry, i know this wasnt to helpful. good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts