Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone/anyone.. does anybody have any idea if there is a website that i could possibly buy a wire harness so i can hook up my subs to the stock headunit? peopleve been saying forenzamotorsports.com but take a look yourself the **** thing doesnt even exist.. in searches or anything... ive tried car shops and stuff and none of them carry it, but people on forums are showing off their systems and such. i dont wanna have to take out the stock unit and then go on a searching spree to find a **** KIT to put the headunit it. this dudes got pics of it all car cardomain but hes the lead for the website i mentioned above... sorry for the long read, but ive been on the edge of a cliff looking for this **** harness since ive had the car, about 3 months... thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I know your distress. I've had my forenza for about a year now and still cannot find anything made specifically for the car. I did however find a harness. They make NO wire harnesses for Forenzas but the Forenza is the exact same wiring as a Daewoo Leganza. I went on just a regular autoparts website and searched for a Daewoo Leganza wire harness. I bought it and have successfully installed it. It works! BUT, I need a filler kit because i have about 3 inches of space underneath because my head unit isn't as bulky as the stock with the cassette. If you can help me with that part it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been looking into this for a while (I'm not really sure if I'm keeping the car) but this is what I found so far. Odds are this is the rout I'm going...I'm really anal about installs and exposed wires so this should do it well.

http://www.metraonline.com/product_listing...orenza&type=ALL

:gunsmilie:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good Find!

Kinky, this one maybe outta get bumped into the sticky for parts links - I'm sure others will come looking for this. :57:

·
Registered
13 Posts
For my Optra5 I ordered these parts through Best Buy. I have used these parts myself, and they are QUALITY parts. The dash kit fits perefect, filling any gaps left over from the stock deck. The harness wires up exactly as needed. Because my Optra5 has the antena in the windscreen, I have a feeling that there is a signal amplifier somewhere under the dash, so I recomend connecting all the wires that you can. In my install, I used all of them.

Here's the link:

Best Kits :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and to answer the original question, I wouldn't be connecting any subs to the stock deck. There just isn't enough power to run subs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would have to agree with chippy on the whole not installing subs to a stock deck...it doesn't even push that hard to begin with. I recently replaced my old speakers with some component infinities and in the process looked at the rms rating for the stock speakers and it was 20 watts. so if your going for loud you definitely need to replace everything in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts