Suzuki Forums banner

Plastic Cover Plates Above Seat Belts

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Bex 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the plastic cover plate that I am holding in my hand?

The plastic cover plate is about 3-1/4 inches by 1-3/4 inches. I need a second cover plate for the rectangular hole above my other seat belt bracket. These plastic cover plates are for my 1989 Suzuki Sidekick JX with 1.6L 8-valve engine (2-door, 4x4, 5-speed manual transmission).

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Bumper Automotive exterior

See less See more
#4 ·
or find a kid thats sharp with 3D CAD SW, have him copy / build the geometry on computer and 3D print it in black material.
there are already whole libraries of NLA parts that can be 3D printed in your neighborhood makers corner shop

some perople are even selling 3D printed parts in ebay

#5 ·
It’s called ‘cap, center pillar’, part #76411 60A00

Reactions: cas1234
#6 ·
Thank you very much, Bex!

I've just placed a MegaZip order for the Center Pillar Caps plus other items. The local service center cracked the plastic grill underneath my windshield wipers, so I am also ordering a new grill and the fasteners.

Reactions: Bex
#7 ·
PJF, I’m going to have to give you a lesson in ‘research’ . ;) I don’t know these part numbers by heart, and often have to scour the parts catalog to try to find them. After searching (for some time, actually), I found it in this diagram, #14:

#8 ·
Hi Bex,

No worries, I double-checked the part number for the Center Pillar Cap on the MegaZip catalog before placing my order.
From which websites do you normally order your Suzuki parts? I've looked at the SSG Asia website but during the pandemic, its prices, shipping schedules and backorders were a bit daunting.

Thanks,
pjf

Reactions: cas1234
#9 ·
I’ve actually never ordered anything from SSG Asia, but use their catalog to find the factory part number. And then I search using that part number, and search the hits. I’ve used Amayama and Megazip for really hard to find parts. And since my car is a US Tracker, there are times I’ve had to use Rockauto for parts specific to the US market. There are literally few (maybe as in none) parts suppliers in Ireland that deal with the first generation Suzukis anymore, so each part I need becomes an adventure in searching, particularly as my car is left hand drive. So, for example, while there may be more parts available for the Suzuki in the UK, the clutch cable would be entirely different due to the left hand drive. I recently needed the exhaust pipe from the manifold to cat area, and had to get it from Germany. If I was in the US, I’d probably use places like Rockauto a lot more.

#11 ·
You probably have the "deluxe" trim. Seems like the USA Trackers with LSI trim had formed door cards and addition plastic trim, compared to the base trim models.

#18 ·
Hi Ranger88den,

Thank you very much for sending to me your extra Center Pillar Caps! I greatly appreciate the support that you and everyone on this forum have given to me!

Cheers,
pjf

#12 ·
  1. I ordered the Center Pillar Cap (part #76411 60A00) from Megazip.net to no avail. Its suppliers are out of stock.
  2. I placed another order for the Center Pillar Cap from Full Throttle Projects (Full Throttle Projects), an English company. I hope that I have better luck from them.

#13 ·
Unfortunately, Full Throttle Projects just cancelled my order for the Center Pillar Cap. I will have to look for used parts.

Thanks to Bex and everyone for your product numbers and assistance!

#14 ·
Just a thought, as you’ve been so creative with the rest of the interior…the carpet, the seats, etc., why not get creative about what goes in the space for the pillar cap, rather than just a piece of plastic?

Reactions: pjf
#16 ·
Amayama.com says part number 7641160a00 is "Permanently out of stock."

#17 ·
It’s out of stock everywhere. So the option is either a junkyard, someone breaking a Trackick that has this center pillar cap, or being creative. My imagination would think about possibly putting lights there considering the dome light is usually so poor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.