Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody offer any help/opinions on how to set the pinion angles on my tracker, since installing my Calmini lift I've been having a little humming noise/vibration coming from the rear pinion an anything over 90km/h , the kit comes with an adjustable heim joint to adjust the rear pinion angle but i am not sure on where to start and how to find the proper pinion angle for my tracker.Here are 2 pictures showing the angle coming out of the tcase and the angle at the diff.

Thanks
Kris

·
Super Moderator
13,687 Posts
Ideally the angles should be equal at both ends - the old eyeball says you have more at the transfer case end, so try screwing the heim in some to rotate the axle nose downwards...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mark

Did you mark the yoke and drive shaft when you took it apart ?
Try moving the drive shaft one bolt hole .

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the same lift and have no problems with the driveline.
I would ay if you were going to straighten the angle , you should lift the front of the diff, but having said that, I don't think that's your problem. Are those the same tires/wheels you ran before the lift ?

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Been there when re-powering my old Chevy Pickup...

An off-set (diff pinion nose down angle) between 1 (min) to 3 (max) degrees is the optimum spec. Also make sure that your vehicle is loaded as it would be for normal ride height (fuel, some representative cargo, winch or other add-ons included) for a most exacting calculation.

Drive Shaft Harmonics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts