Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive experienced a fault which no garage seems to be able to find over the last six to eight weeks.
Yesterday we drove it, we lost exceleration once the engine got hot, the car looses power, and judders in lst gear when slowing down.
We open ed the bonnet to find that it looked like the exhaust manifold was glowing red! We let the car cool down, and once cool it drove ok back home. We only saw this because it was dark. Obviously the three garages it has been into did not look into the engine in the dark!! Any advice, as Im just about to take it to the Suzuki dealer for a diagnostic check, which it has had twice already, and had a lead to the cat.convertor changed costing £150!!
Can I buy a new exhaust system for my Jimny on line? thanks Jammie 61:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Those are typical symptoms of a bad camshaft or crankshaft sensor problem. Next time it does it try pouring a little water on the sensor and see if it starts straight up. have a look around the bigjimny forum for more information:

BigJimny Home Page

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I will mention this to the garage when I take it in tomorrow.
Lets hope it will soon be fixed, as Ive already spent £300 and it did not appear to be the problem! Will visit the Big Jimny site and register, thanks
Jammie61

1 - 3 of 3 Posts